The Ethiopian Community Center Computer Lab Project has a grant funded contract position to hire a lab Coordinator from March 2013 to Feb 2014. Salary depends on experience.
The ECS Community Center Computer Lab coordinator is responsible for promoting the overall mission and vision of the organization and establishing the ECS as a high quality, welcoming, community resource. The person is responsible for clients enrolled in the ECS computer lab program 15 hours per week. The Coordinator ensures that clients learn basic computer skills which enable them to find and apply for jobs that fit their skills. In addition, the Coordinator must perform his/her service in accordance with all stipulations of the grant through which this position is funded.
- Coordinate scheduling of participants and volunteers for the purpose of maintaining computer lab operations and activities.
- Instruct students on basic computer skills (Microsoft Office), how to conduct online job searches and complete job applications online
- Help students write resumes.
- Establish a welcoming environment that invites participation and partnership by all members of the community.
- Monitor facility maintenance concerns and solve problems as they arise. Provide leadership with site safety and security ability to communicate effectively with ECS program director, staff, community service providers and ECS clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with ECS program director, staff, community service providers and ECS clients.
- Must be able to maintain program/guest/agency confidentiality, and treat each individual with dignity and respect.
- A minimum of one year work experience in community computer lab centers.
- Familiarity with computer teaching materials.
- Ability to work both independently with considerable self-direction and as a contributing member of a team consisting ECS volunteers.
- Proficient in teaching basic computer skills and Minimum A.A degree
- Must pass Washington State Patrol Background check.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule, including some weekends or evenings, as necessary.
- Preferable more than one Ethiopian Language.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Info@ecseattle.org before March 5th 2013.