- Legal Clinic: The Ethiopian Community Mutual Association has a Legal Clinic to consult individuals or families who cannot afford lawyers (i.e. unemployed, new comers, senior citizens, etc.). Please be advised that this is just a consultation. The clinic is held twice a month, on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
Place —-Ethiopian Community Mutual Association
Time —–6pm to 7pm.
- Case Management and Advocacy
- Employment Referral
– Listing for City and State Employment – Referrals for Job Search and Training Programs
- Counseling Services
- Child care / Welfare
– Referral to Appropriate Agencies
– Mediate in Child/Parent Conflicts and Juvenile Justice
– Educate Parents for Better Parent/Child Communication
- Housing Services
– References for First-time Renters and Representation
– Mediation in Housing Problems
- Health / Nutritional Information
- Education / Training
– Computer Training
– Parenting Education
– Teaching English as a second language
– Homework Tutoring
– Citizenship Education
– Tutoring for Grade school children
– Educational Scholarship and Loan Information for students
– Health Classes
- Translation / Interpretation
- Emergency Intervention
- Annual Graduation Ceremony for Ethiopian Graduates
- Monthly Breakfast
ECS Affiliated Agencies
- City of Seattle, Department of Housing and Human Resources
- Refugee Federation (Go to Website)
- Seattle School District (Go to Website)
- Seattle Central Community College (SCCC) (Go to Website)
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) (Go to Website)
- Seattle Public Library (Go to Website)
- Private Industry Council
- Office of Civil Rights (Go to Website)
ECS Weekly Program
Monday-Friday, 10 AM – 5 PM
After School Program Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 3 PM – 6 PM
This program provides homework assistance with the help of ECS tutors.
- Seniors Meal Program
Wednesdays, 12 PM – 2 PM & Every Other Sunday, 12 PM – 2 PM
This program provides a fun environment for seniors to eat and socialize.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Class
Wednesdays, 1-2 PM
This class is open to anyone who would like to improve their English language skills.
- Computer Class: Introduction to Computer
Wednesdays, 1-2 PM
This class is open to all beginner students. No computer experience is necessary!
- Computer Class: Introduction to Microsoft Office
Wednesdays, 2-3 PM
This class is for students with basic computer skills who would like to gain proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Cultural Immersion Class: Ethiopian Language & Cultural Experience
Saturdays, 10 AM – 1 PM
This class is intended for youth ages 6 – 15 years.
- Youth Leadership Program
First Saturday of Every Month, 3 PM – 6 PM
This program is intended for youth ages 12 – 18 years. Students will learn skills in Leadership, Community Service, Ethiopian Language, and Ethiopian Culture.