Program & Services
- Legal Clinic: The Ethiopian Community Mutual Association has a Legal Clinic to consult individuals or families who cannot afford lawyers (i.e. unemployed, new comers, senior citizens, etc.). Please be advised that this is just a consultation. The clinic is held twice a month, on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
Place —-Ethiopian Community Mutual Association
Time —–6pm to 7pm.
- Case Management and Advocacy
- Employment Referral
– Listing for City and State Employment – Referrals for Job Search and Training Programs
- Counseling Services
- Child care / Welfare
– Referral to Appropriate Agencies
– Mediate in Child/Parent Conflicts and Juvenile Justice
– Educate Parents for Better Parent/Child Communication
- Housing Services
– References for First-time Renters and Representation
– Mediation in Housing Problems
- Health / Nutritional Information
- Education / Training
– Computer Training
– Parenting Education
– Teaching English as a second language
– Homework Tutoring
– Citizenship Education
– Tutoring for Grade school children
– Educational Scholarship and Loan Information for students
– Health Classes
- Translation / Interpretation
- Emergency Intervention
- Annual Graduation Ceremony for Ethiopian Graduates
- Monthly Breakfast
ECS Affiliated Agencies
- City of Seattle, Department of Housing and Human Resources
- Refugee Federation (Go to Website)
- Seattle School District (Go to Website)
- Seattle Central Community College (SCCC) (Go to Website)
- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) (Go to Website)
- Seattle Public Library (Go to Website)
- Private Industry Council
- Office of Civil Rights (Go to Website)
ECS Weekly Program
Monday-Friday, 10 AM – 5 PM
After School Program Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 3 PM – 6 PM
This program provides homework assistance with the help of ECS tutors.
Wednesdays, 12 PM – 2 PM & Every Other Sunday, 12 PM – 2 PM
This program provides a fun environment for seniors to eat and socialize.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Class
Wednesdays, 1-2 PM
This class is open to anyone who would like to improve their English language skills.
- Computer Class: Introduction to Computer
Wednesdays, 1-2 PM
This class is open to all beginner students. No computer experience is necessary!
- Computer Class: Introduction to Microsoft Office
Wednesdays, 2-3 PM
This class is for students with basic computer skills who would like to gain proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Cultural Immersion Class: Ethiopian Language & Cultural Experience
Saturdays, 10 AM – 1 PM
This class is intended for youth ages 6 – 15 years.
First Saturday of Every Month, 3 PM – 6 PM
This program is intended for youth ages 12 – 18 years. Students will learn skills in Leadership, Community Service, Ethiopian Language, and Ethiopian Culture.
Ethiopian Community In Seattle cordially invites you to attend the Fourth Annual Fundraising Gala which will be held on October 8th, 2016 at Emerald Downs Ballroom. Come and enjoy a night of delicious Ethiopian cuisine, music, silent and live auction, dancing as well as appearances by renowned guests.
Copyright © 2017 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes