INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ethiopian Community in Seattle (ECS): The mission of ECS is to facilitate a seamless integration of all persons of Ethiopian origin with the American system, preserve and share the rich Ethiopian cultural heritage, and help contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of the Puget Sound area. ECS is seeking an experienced Interim Executive Director to ensure the organization maintains its commitment to its mission and goals and remains in healthy programmatic and financial condition while searching for a new Executive Director.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a nonprofit organization that includes supervising staff and working with Board of Directors.
- Cultural competency knowledge and experience.
- Prior experience serving as an Interim Executive Director in a community-based setting and leading organizations through times of transition.
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and management skills.
- Experience with grant proposal writing and report writing.
- A collaborative work style with a commitment to teamwork.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff of 2 full-time and 3 part-time employees.
- Complete an organizational assessment and make recommendations regarding appropriate budget and staffing structure to support strategic goals.
- Ensure timely submission of all contract and grant reports.
- Work with Finance Committee to implement new financial systems and management practices.
- Create a financially sustainable operating plan for ECS in 2018.
- Support grant writing and fundraising activities.
- Provide support and training for ECS Board as needed.
- Assist and guide the search for a permanent Executive Director.
Start Date: February 15, 2018
Expected Duration of Assignment: 3 – 5 months
Salary and Schedule: To be negotiated
Reports to: Executive Committee of the Board
To apply: Please submit the following documents as a PDF to Melaku Habtegiorgis at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest;
- A detailed resume;
- Contact details for at least three professional references.